KCA Scholarship Program 2016
Applications for the 2016 Scholarship are closed
Thanks to the generous support of CSIRO, KCA is pleased to announce that it is once again offering the KCA Scholarship in 2016. This time the scholarship will support the travel and registration costs for one deserving KCA Member to attend the AUTM 2016 Annual Conference in San Diego, California, USA.
This is the third time that KCA has been able to offer the scholarship program, and we are pleased that we can provide this unique opportunity for our early career professionals to gain both professional development and international networking.
In addition to supporting the travel costs, KCA would be delighted to help coordinate an office hop to allow the recipient the opportunity to spend a few days in local offices in California. The recipient will get to experience first hand what it is like to work in a foreign technology commercialisation office, and learn how their US counterparts tackle similar issues in a different setting.
Scholarship applicants must be:
- A KCA Full-Voting Member
- Have less than five years of experience in the profession
- Have not attended an AUTM conference previously
- Volunteer on a KCA committee, or be looking to give back to the association and/or profession in some way in the next 12 months.
KCA will choose one lucky candidate, who will receive AU$5,000* to cover:
- One paid registration to the AUTM Conference, February 14-17, San Diego, California
- Travel and accommodation support** to attend the AUTM Annual Conference and undergo a California based Office Hop***
*Copies of all receipts must be supplied before cash will issued to nominated bank account.
**Please note; travel support is purely monetary and capped at AU$5,000. It will be up the individual to make their own travel arrangements and organise their own valid passport and visa to enter the US.
***The office hop will be coordinated in conjunction with the recipient’s availability. KCA will offer to reach out and make contact with up to three offices in consultation with the recipient. Logistics and final arrangements will need to be made by the recipient.;
Candidates will be required to submit an application for review comprising of:
- General applicant information
- A 500 word pitch outlining why they want to go, what their personal career goals in technology transfer are, and how attending complements these ambitions/interests. The summary should also note any KCA committees the candidate is a member of, or the committee(s) they would like to join / the way they would like to contribute to the association going forwards.
All applications will be reviewed by the KCA Executive, and the best application will be granted the scholarship. Please note that reviewers tend to favour applicants who can: Demonstrate an understanding of technology transfer, the opportunities and the challenges. Provide some indication of track record (i.e. mention of some interesting projects that they have lead or been involved in) Clearly articulate how they will benefit from the experience and how they will bring the experience back to their role/offices and disseminate.
Also note; the successful applicant will be required to submit a short report upon their return outlining what they learnt, and what they found most beneficial from attendance. This report will be due no later than Thursday 31 March, 2016.
December 1, 2015 Application Due
December 21, 2015 Awardee Notified
February 14-17, 2016 Attend Conference in San Diego
March 31, 2016 Short report due